5 Facts You Didn’t Know About Randy Orton!
“The Viper” Randy Orton is one of the most popular wrestlers of WWE’s modern era. Orton instantly became a star when he began working on the main roster, garnering millions of fans. Often portraying a bad guy, it might not come as a surprise that he isn’t really the nicest person outside of the ring.
- Randy Orton has had problems with drugs in the past, and as a result, has even been suspended by WWE more than once. He was suspended for marijuana use in 2006, as well as in 2012 for both marijuana and steroid use. To make matters worse, Orton was also named in the long list of athletes purchasing performance-enhancing drugs from Signature Pharmacy, which also outed stars like Booker T, Edge, and Chavo Guerrero. WWE even heavily considered releasing Orton in 2012, but decided against it and gave him one more chance.
- Another factor in his 2006 suspension was Randy’s problems with anger management. He admits that he had a lot of angry outbursts on the road and was generally known as a hot-headed kid who nobody wanted to work with. His anger problems are well documented, but one of the most telling examples was back in 2007. During a UK tour, Randy somehow managed to cause over $50,000 worth of damage to his hotel.
- In 2009, Orton was involved in a feud with Kofi. The two had a match on RAW where they went one-on-one. Now things got messy when Kofi botched a few moves during the match, as well as the finish, which clearly upset Orton. Now, most of the time botches are swept under the rug to avoid breaking the fourth wall, but Randy wasn’t having it. He started screaming “stupid!” over and over at Kofi, in front of the entire crowd. If that wasn’t bad enough, he audibly dropped an f-bomb in frustration as well. This one really hurt Kofi’s career, as he was relegated to the lower-mid card for a while after this catastrophe.
- Randy has a history of injuries that have sidelined him multiple times in his career. These injuries may be the reason Randy Orton is reportedly looking to become a part-time worker in the WWE. Apparently, and take this with a grain of salt, Randy wants a schedule similar to that of Shawn Michaels’ back in 2002, and with other part-timers such as Lesnar, Jericho, and Undertaker employed, that doesn’t seem unreasonable.
- There are multiple reports from different sources that Randy Orton is kind of a creep when it comes to women. Back in 2005, a former Diva named Rochelle Loewen spoke about how Randy once snuck into the women’s locker room and went through all her things before completely destroying the contents of her bag, for absolutely no reason at all. She said that he is “a pathetic person” and he is a “psycho”. She also says he has “some real issues with beautiful women” and apparently, this wasn’t the only incident. There are also reports that Randy did something similar to Amy Weber, another Diva, except this time he decided to, and I quote, “take a shit” in her bag.